If you’re reading this the chances are that you fall into one of two categories;
1. The lifter who needs to provide family members with some idea of what to get them other than the usual bath sets…
2. The confused gifter who knows your beloved does something to do with weights but it’s very confusing and you don’t really understand.
So here it is, the ultimate guide for you, sorted by the classic “Price Low to High” that we all love so much 😉
DISCLAIMER: I AM NOT SPONSORED BY OR BENEFITTING FINANCIALLY FROM ANY COMPANY OR PRODUCT IN THIS ARTICLE AND OTHER OPTIONS ARE AVAILABLE
1. BUDGET UP TO £15: A metal shaker/bottle. There is nothing worse than forgetting your shaker in the bottom of your gym bag, coming back to it the next day and there is a putrid, mouldy, sludge sitting there. Actually I lie, the smell when you open it is far worse! A metal shaker solves the problem of the smell being retained by the plastic and therefore is a thoughtful, cost effective and long lasting Christmas gift!
2. BUDGET UP TO £30: A multi-item gift package set! Whatever sport the giftee is involved in this package will be sure to go down a treat. Containing straps, a hip circle for the booty gains, and some brilliant wrist wraps you can’t go wrong for the price! Also who doesn’t love a spicy bit of leopard print?
3. BUDGET UP TO £50: Clothing! I know, I know, this can be an absolute minefield… I’ve taken the hardest work out for you though and categorized clothing by sport so if you can find out what they do then you can click the relevant link below:
BODYBUILDING – Gymshark https://uk.gymshark.com/
POWERLIFTING – A7 https://a7uk.com/ OR Slingshot https://www.improveyourbench.co.uk/
STRONGMAN – Xplosive Ape https://xplosiveape.com/
CROSSFIT – Rogue https://www.rogueeurope.eu/gear-apparel
Then simply sort relevant to the giftee’s gender and size within your budget! Simple!
BUDGET UP TO £100: Firstly, the lucky devil they are, with this kind of budget you should do some research and maybe ask the question of what they already have, you can obviously do a combination of all the above gifts but if you’re looking for a standout item I would suggest, drum roll please! XTREME KNEE SLEEVES https://www.improveyourbench.co.uk/collections/ipf-approved/products/extreme-x-sleeves
There are many cheap, low priced and poor quality knee sleeves on the market, these are not such an item. Wearable in any powerlifting federation or simply the top of the line support for the dedicated gym goer, these sleeves will make you the coolest gift giver in the gym! A word of caution, read the sizing guide carefully and measure accurately!
BUDGET OVER £100: There are 2 possibilities here in my opinion, lifting shoes or a high quality lifting belt. For lifting shoes your best bet is either the:
Nike Romaleo – https://www.rogueeurope.eu/nike-romaleos-3-xd-white-black-race-blue-ember-glow-eu
Adidas Adipower – https://www.amazon.co.uk/adidas-Adipower-Weightlift-Multisport-Multicolour/dp/B077RJ57TX/ref=sr_1_5?crid=1KA3WRTNXEX70&dchild=1&keywords=adidas+adipower+weightlifting+shoes&qid=1576493968&s=shoes&sprefix=adidas+adipower+weightli%2Cdrugstore%2C284&sr=1-5
For the Belt there is only 1 choice. The SBD 13mm Lever Belt, adjustable, high quality, easy to use and really, really good looking. At £165 it isn’t cheap but this is a lifetime investment right here!
MENTIONED IN DISPATCHES:
Now for some honourable mentions that didn’t quite make the top 5.
6. Keepcup – who doesn’t love coffee and saving the planet? UP TO £15 https://www.amazon.co.uk/KeepCup-12oz-Travel-Espresso-6x8x12-5/dp/B01C32Y2II/ref=asc_df_B01C32Y2II/?tag=googshopuk-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=255672231529&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=16521032251241124056&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9046897&hvtargid=aud-548500765412:pla-320757387023&psc=1&th=1&psc=1
7. Travel Foam Roller – A must and handy to travel with! UP TO £15 https://www.amazon.co.uk/Trigger-Point-Performance-Grid-Roller/dp/B00CPKD0IC/ref=asc_df_B00CPKD0IC/?tag=googshopuk-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=218052028002&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=14148235583168934288&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9046897&hvtargid=aud-548500765412:pla-318771016559&psc=1
8. Olympic Lifter Package – Tape, straps and wraps. Perfect. https://www.strengthshop.co.uk/xmas-gift-ideas/gift-package-oly-lifter.html
9. A Slingshot, because who doesn’t want a bench PR for Christmas?! https://www.improveyourbench.co.uk/collections/slingshots
10. A Massage/Physio voucher – Almost every gym goer is beaten up at some point, contact your local physio/massage therapist for details. An absolute no brainer!
So there you have it! I hope this guide is useful for you, do let me know if there’s something you think I have missed off the list and happy shopping!